Next-Gen Science CT Module List
The first four modules are required to be completed in sequence. Then, modules 5-10 can be completed in any order before proceeding to the final wrap-up module. We highly recommend completing the "Think & Discuss" activities in each module in a Professional Learning Community. The estimated lengths of each module are listed below and at the top of each module in the course. The times vary widely based on whether or not the course is completed quickly as an individual (not recommended) or through significant reflection and discussion with a Professional Learning Community (highly recommended).
- Module 1 - Course Introduction -- 20-90 minutes
- Module 2 - Overview of Next-Gen Science -- 1.5-6 hours
- Module 3 - Next-Gen Practices Overview -- 1.75-8.25 hours
- Module 4 - New/High Priority Practices -- 3.5-16 hours
- Module 5 - Disciplinary Core Ideas -- 1-3 hours
- Module 6 - Crosscutting Concepts -- 40-90 minutes
- Module 7 - Nature of Science -- 1.5-3 hours
- Module 8 - Engineering -- 2-4.5 hours
- Module 9 - Equity and Diversity -- 2.5-8 hours
- Module 10 - NGSS Architecture -- 2-6 hours
- Module 15* - Wrap-Up (final assessments and survey) -- 1-2.5 hours
*There are no Modules 11-14, as much of that content was rolled into earlier modules.